Top Row: Bob Wells, CVRD; John McNabb, ACRD; Joe Stanhope, RDN
Front Row: Phil Wainwright, MWRD; Larry Samson, SRD (President)
Absent: Sandy McCormick, qathet RD
The primary duties of the North Island 9-1-1 Corporation board are to manage the assets of the corporation, specifically:
- Through the secretary of the corporation establish and approve a yearly operating budget.
- Approve all capital expenditures for additions to or replacement of system components.
- Maintain an agreement with E-Comm to provide initial call answering for 911 calls.
- Approve all new or revised operational policies and procedures and ensure they are followed.
- Resolve any jurisdictional disputes and or operational disputes between participating agencies or regional districts.
- Operate and maintain a fire dispatch and mapping system used for the dispatch of 51 fire departments covering a geographic area of approximately 56,000 square kilometres.
- Oversee and manage an agreement for fire dispatching services with the City of Campbell River.
Approvals are on a weighted vote based on the number of common shares:
- Comox Valley Regional District - 6
- Regional District of Nanaimo - 5
- Strathcona Regional District - 4
- Alberni-Clayoquot Regional District - 3
- qathet Regional District (formerly known as Powell River Regional District) - 2
- Mt. Waddington Regional District - 1